What is WordPress? How to develop professional Website!
What is WordPress?
WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP. But in non-technically speak, it’s probably the easiest way and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today.
It's used on millions of sites and seen by tens of millions of people every day.
You’re in good company if you use WordPress to publish on the web. Many famous blogs, news outlets, music sites, Fortune 500 companies and celebrities are using WordPress.
Why WordPress for Website Development?
Many famous blogs, news outlets, music sites, Fortune 500 companies and celebrities are using WordPress. So Student have better option to start career in Web development.
- It is Open source and Free Website Creation tool in PHP.
- You don't need to have prior knowledge about website development.
- Design and Develop website from Scratch.
- Design and Develop a professional website with in Hours.
- Many famous blogs, news outlets, music sites, Fortune 500 companies and celebrities are using WordPress.
- Start Career in Web Designing and developing Industry.
- Complete outsource project from home.
Course Name : WordPress Website Development Course
Course Duration : 30 Days (60 Hours )
Certification : Certificate of Completion by Cyber Pratibha
Study Material : E-book, LAB Manual & Reference Guide
Software Kit : All Required tools inside DVD
Project : 2 Major projects (Professional Website) by using WordPress
WordPress Website Development - Course Content
WordPress Website Development – Course Content
- What is wordpress? Its objective?
- WordPress.com or wordpress.org ? what is best for you?
- Why WordPress is better than other Content management system
- Know basics about websites.
- Install required tools on your computer.
- Understanding about web server and web hosting.
- Basic Understanding about Databases.
- Working with phpmyadmin to manage Databases.
- Manage User and its privilege with phpmyadmin console panel.
- Familiar with FTP server.
- Overview of FTP server.
- Configure user accounts for FTP server
- Using FTP client - Filezilla (Windows based)
- Working with files and folders through ftp client. Uploading, downloading & deleting file.
- Installation of wordpress for Your Website.
- Download wordpress
- Upload wordpress files on Web Server
- Check requirements for wordpress installation
- Install wordpress
- Getting familiar with wordpress Dashboard.
- Understand WordPress Settings
- General settings
- Writing settings
- Reading settings
- Discussion settings
- Media settings
- Permalink Settings
- Plugin Settings
- Overview of WordPress theme.
- Free and premium theme
- Choosing best theme for your project (Professional website).
- Customization theme and give desired look for your website.
- Manage Widgets:
- Overview of Widgets
- Overview of sidebar
- Adding, removing and Customizing Widgets in Sidebar.
- Preview of your sidebar.
- Manage Menus:
- Creating New menu
- Adding, editing and deleting Menu option and sub-options in Menu.
- Manage location for created menu.
- Edit and delete available menu.
- Working Website pages
- Add page
- Save to draft/ publish page
- Edit page
- Delete page
- Working with wordpress posts:
- Add, edit and preview new post
- Publish post.
- Post categories:
- Add New Category
- Edit, Quick Edit, Delete and View categories
- Manage Categories
- WordPress tags:
- Understanding role to tags:
- Add new TAG
- Edit, Quick Edit, Delete and View tag
- Adding new tag at time of writing post
- Manage media:
- Overview of Media Library
- Add new media in library
- Edit and delete media from library
- Manage attributes of Media
- Manage Users and its Role
- Understanding about user’s role.
- Add New users
- Edit and Delete existing user
- Change profile picture
- Generate and update password
- Update personal profile
- Add, edit, and moderate comment
- Overview of wordpress plugin
- Important Role of wordpress plugin
- Add new Plugins
- Install plugin direct from wordpress installation panel
- Download & Upload new plugin
- Activate plugin
- Change setting of Plugin
- Activate, deactivate and Delete installed plugin.
- Important and Required plugin for your website.
- Import /Export tool
- Protect your website with unknown spamming
- Increase security of wordpress site and protect from getting hacked
- Optimization website for fast speed.
- Optimization website for SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Reset password (How to reset password if you forgot)
- Full backup and Restore Website
- Buy domain and Web hosting from reliable server.
- Export database from local computer
- Edit database and make it online familiar
- Create database on Web hosting server.
- Import local database on your website
- Upload Site data on Web hosting server
- By control panel
- By FTP filezilla
- Test your live website.
Pre Requisite for WordPress Website Development Course
Do you have? : Basic Knowledge about Computer, Internet and text Editors (notepad)