MODULE 15:- Website Hacking
- How To Create a Virtual Lab For Web Penetration Testing
- How to use httrack website copier command line
- How to use httrack website copier graphically
- Free Website Vulnerability Scanner – W3af in Kali Linux
- How to use Arachni scanner for Web Application vulnerability in Kali Linux
- Inject SQL Injection Script by using Firebug | SQLi Part1
- Mutillidae Part 2: Command Injection Database Interrogation
Hackers are looking for the vulnerability on website but some they find and some time not, But in other hand security researcher are using techniques to catch hackers red handed on crime place. So hackers copy the website first on local computer and start looking on code and try to find vulnerability. In this techniques they use tool name httrack. In this tutorial I will describe how to use httrack website copier.
How to use httrack website copier tool download
HTTrack is a free (GPL, libre/free software) and easy-to-use offline browser utility.
This is a tool download website for offline on your computer’s local directory, for testing purposes. It copies web pages one by one on the local directory.
If you are thinking to test a website for security purposes, it is recommended to download the website on your local server. Setup a local web server and start accessing the website like a real server. Now your local server has been created using it for finding vulnerabilities on the website. better luck!
Here one more thing I want to share with you that Httrack doesn’t come with Kali Linux. if you are a Kali Linux user then it is a problem, but not big. Httrack’s Linux available to download and install, So you can make it available on Kali Linux easily.
Install Httrack on Kali Linux
I think you are aware with the Advance package tool (APT), it is used to install, remove, reinstall packages on Debian based Operating system like Kali Linux and Ubuntu. So here I am using apt-get to install httrack. before start installation, we should update apt in Kali Linux for new headers. Execute the following command:
#apt-get install httrack
Start a Project to download website
You have to download httrack, Now it’s time for a new project. Here I am going to download my own website https://www.cyberpratibha.com/blog/blog So first create a directory with the project name.
How to use httrack website copier – step by step guide
Use the following command in the terminal.
- Enter Project Name: cyberpratibha.com/blog
- Enter base path: where do you want to download the website
- Enter URL: Website Url
- Select an option and start mirroring website: