MODULE 3:- Basics of Kali Linux
- Install Kali Linux on Hard drive with Full disk Encryption
- How to create Kali Linux bootable USB live in windows 10
- 20 basics about how to use Kali Linux
- 6 steps to change Kali Linux IP address (Easy)
- How to Add Kali Linux repository – With pictures
- How to update and upgrade Kali Linux to 2017.1
- apt-get package handling utility in Kali Linux
- How to use Linux debian package manager “dpkg”
- How to use Kali Linux SSH Server and client
- Start Restart Apache2 Web Server In Kali Linux
Kali Linux has been released new version 2017.3, Now Update and Upgrade Kali Linux right now for using some extra tools, I will tell you about updated tools in the end of this post. If you don’t have Kali Linux then get it Now!
Download Kali Linux : https://www.kali.org/downloads/
Install On Virtualbox: How to install kali linux on virtualbox – Full guide step by step
Update and Upgrade Kali Linux
Hey, first check Kali Linux version and then update and upgrade Kali Linux. New version of Kali Linux has been released It is Kali Linux 2017.2. The newer version fixes bugs and the latest kernel, latest tools, and sometimes adds new tools. In update, advanced package tool (APT) fetched headers data of available tools on the repository and saved into a local drive.
How to check Kali Linux version:
Hey guys I am going to tell you how to check your latest version.
but in some lsb_release -a command is not working, So it is not a big issue, because there is another methods and commands to check Kali Linux version
I have older version of Kali Linux 2017.1, running on my system and newer version has been released. And I always eager to learn new things and getting new experience. So I am going to update and upgrade Kali Linux 2017.2
Single command apt update && apt full-upgrade for upgrading Kali Linux.
after run this command, following message will be displayed, Press “y” and hit enter.
Ah! don’t worry, you have another way to do same thing, Some people don’t like to be smart and want to see what exact going on.
So go Ahead …
Update Kali Linux can be performed by the following command
# apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get update (This command is only for sudo user)
In Upgrade, apt install a newer version of tools and removed the older version. It upgrades only tools.
# apt-get upgrade
$ sudo apt-get upgrade
you will get newer version of Operating System use the following command
# apt-get dist-upgrade
# sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Do you like this post? if you have any query relate Update and upgrade Kali Linux please comment below. if you have any question, let me know in the comment box.
Latest posts by Vijay Kumar (see all)
- VPN Speed Test Comparison in 2018 - December 21, 2017
- Best Free VPN for Windows in 2018 – You Can Trust Them - December 21, 2017
- How To Use VPN and TOR Together – Add Extra Layer of Security - December 20, 2017