Logical volume manager – lvm CentOs 7 Linux [Tutorial]
In the last video, we have covered Use graphical interface to create Partition in Linux
Today’s topic is interesting and important for a System Administrator It is Logical volume manager – lvm and you will learn how to Create, remove physical volumes volume group and logical volume. I will use lvm CentOS 7 operating system for practical session, and the same process is used for other operating systems as Ubuntu, Mint, Arch etc. The following topics will be covered in this video:
- What is lvm Logical Volume Manager?
- What is Physical Volume, Volume Group, and Logical Group?
- Importance of Logical Volume
- View, create and delete Physical Volume
- View, Create and Delete Volume Group
- Add, Remove Physical Volume into Volume Group
- View, Create and Delete Logical Volume
Linux tutorial for Beginners – Configure Local Storage
- List, create, delete partitions on MBR and GPT disks
- Use graphical interface to create Partition in Linux
- Create and remove physical volumes, volume groups, and logical volumes
- Configure systems to mount file systems at boot by Universally Unique ID (UUID) or label
- Add new partitions and logical volumes, and swap to a system non-destructively