This article marks for an inception of something new, something cool, something to brag about and something that makes you feel more tech savvy. Android started to come to the surface in 2008. Since then, billions of gadgets from thousands of companies have embedded it in their roots. And naturally, more developers, whether from a corporation or independent and trying their hands on it. So, we now begin
What is Android?
An operating system that is derived from java. Java is object-oriented, such that it’s workings mimic the real world objects. Programs have been made easy to comprehend, to create and to recreate due to this. Hence, derivatively, Android is easy to learn but difficult to master language whose only limitation, is your imagination and your tenacity. Okay now, enough with the emotional-motivational part.
A java program is needed to be compiled into a DEX file to be executed as an android one. I imagine that if you are reading this. you might understand how programming works exactly. You write thecode-> compile the code-> execute the code.
Dalvik executable. This executable file is mapped for efficient storage and memory mapped execution. Its history is not you should concern yourself with. This topic is about the future.
Below are the things you require before you go on to fondle with the android.
- An IDE (Integrated Development Environment): This environment gives you developing tools, debugging tools(error removal) and an emulator to test your projects on. Use Android Studio, a free development IDE. Download using the given red colored link.
- A JDK(Java development kit): Download and install it before downloading and installing the Android Studio. As I say, “Can’t do anything without a good java!”
- A system with a minimum of 4gigs of RAM.
- Windows 7/8/10. I am learning it on windows. So you get to do the same too.
- An android powered tablet or phone with a minimum of Android 4.1 Jellybean.
- Tenacity to learn
Accumulate these things and you are good to go. By the time we are done, you will be cooking android apps like instant noodles.