MODULE 3:- Basics of Kali Linux
- Install Kali Linux on Hard drive with Full disk Encryption
- How to create Kali Linux bootable USB live in windows 10
- 20 basics about how to use Kali Linux
- 6 steps to change Kali Linux IP address (Easy)
- How to Add Kali Linux repository – With pictures
- How to update and upgrade Kali Linux to 2017.1
- apt-get package handling utility in Kali Linux
- How to use Linux debian package manager “dpkg”
- How to use Kali Linux SSH Server and client
- Start Restart Apache2 Web Server In Kali Linux
How to Add Kali Linux repository
At the time of updates and upgrades, by default Kali Linux checks only the application stored on its own data repository. This is good for the Kali users. Some updates an upgrades could make Kali Linux nonfunctional by this reason, all software are tested by the Kali developers before add Kali Linux repository. There are some third party application are not available on the Kali repository, in this case additional repositories may be needed to be add.
Step 1: Use leafpad or other text editor to open and edit /etc/apt/sources.list.
Step 2: Add the following code into file and save the file
deb http://http.kali.org/kali kali-rolling main contrib non-free
Updating Kali Linux
Like other operating systems, Kali has the implicit capability to update both the operating systems and the software , or packages, installed. As upgrades to package get accessible, they will be presented on the Kali store. This store can then be checked to guarantee theoperating systems and provisions are up to date. Upgrades are typically more diminutive fixes that address software bugs, or errors, or are utilized to include new fittings competencies.Use the following commands to update system :
Upgrading Kali Linux
Like updating, upgrading Kali can likewise be carried out at the command line with the pt-get utility. Upgrades are regularly significant updates to requisitions or the working framework itself. Updates offer new usefulness and are much bigger that upgrades ordinarily obliging more of a chance and space on the System drive.
Syntax is here