Today, a DAMN hopeful post comes to your way. And this hope comes from Raspberry Pi, the charitable foundation from United Kingdom responsible for their best selling systems introduced Raspberry Pi Zero the World’s Cheapest Computer. What’s more that it just’s cost 5$…5$ , that’s like the cost of 5 Sloppy Joe’s.
- Broadcom BCM2835 application processor
- 1GHz ARM11 core
- 512MB of LPDDR2 SDRAM
- Micro-SD card slot
- MiniHDMI socket for 1080p60 video output
- Micro-USB for data
- Micro-USB for power
- Unreserved 40-pin GPIO connector
- Identical pinout to Model A+/B+/2B
- Unpopulated composite video connector
- Smallest ever form factor (that is, 65mm x 30mm x 5mm)
The above specifications may look modest at best much at hindsight, but the bigger consequence is soo much bigger. With poverty and lack of education is rampant in some regions of the planet. This may very well turn things around.
NO, the cloth is not the part of the system.
Jokes aside, this unviel may very well be the beginning of really cheap systems. And the beginning of several happy souls.