MODULE 5:- Scanning Network and Vulnerability
- Introduction of port Scanning – Penetration testing
- TCP IP header flags list
- Examples of Network Scanning for Live Host by Kali Linux
- important nmap commands in Kali Linux with Example
- Techniques of Nmap port scanner – Scanning
- Nmap Timing Templates – You should know
- Nmap options for Firewall IDS evasion in Kali Linux
- commands to save Nmap output to file
- Nmap Scripts in Kali Linux
- 10 best open port checker Or Scanner
- 10 hping3 examples for scanning network in Kali Linux
- How to Install Nessus on Kali Linux 2.0 step by step
- Nessus scan policies and report Tutorial for beginner
- Nessus Vulnerability Scanner Tutorial For beginner
4 Examples of Network Scanning for Live Host
Hi there, I am happy to see you on my blog. In this article, I am going to discuss the 4 Examples of network scanning to check live host. if you want to check out your target system then it is your first step to getting the information that target machine is live or dead. Live or dead means here “system is on or off, IP exists or not”
What is Nmap?
“Nmap is best network vulnerability scanning software or one of network security audit tools used to scan LAN network. In this article, I will use Nmap network scanner to scan the network.” It is a free network discovery software.
Method 1: Ping Scanning for live host
Ping command is used to check the connectivity between the hosts in network. It sends an ICMP packet containing 8 and 0 code indicating this packet is and echo request. Target received this packet and response with another ICMP packets contain 0 code indicating an echo reply. A successful Ping and response would show that the System in a network to be a “Live Host”.
Method 2: Ping Sweep network Scanning
A ping sweep (otherwise called an ICMP sweep) is a fundamental system scanning strategy used to figure out which of a range of IP address guide to live hosts (Computer). Although a single ping will let you know whether one specified host machine upon the network, a ping sweep comprises of ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol) ECHO requests sent to multiple hosts. In the event that a given address is live, it will give back an ICMP ECHO response. Ping sweeps are among the more seasoned and slower strategies used to scan a network.
There are various tools that might be used to do a ping sweep, for example, fping, gping, and nmap for UNIX platform.
Namp is free network port scanner tool used for scanning and test security. it is found out network vulnerability.
Method 3: IP Address Scanning Within Ranges
Characterizing a set of targets utilizing an IP address range is truly nice. And scanning network is handled by IP address scanner nmap. For this example, the address will be the 192.168.56.x class c address range. This will mean that the greatest number of has that might be incorporated in the sweep is 254. To output, the greater part of the hosts, utilize the following command.
#nmap -sn 192.168.56.100-150
This same sweep might be finished utilizing the CIDR method for addressing to by utilizing the/24 postfix as takes after.
#nmap -sn 192.168.56.0/24
Method 4: List Scan by using nmap
Nmap can additionally utilize a content record as info for the target list. Expect that the following addresses are put away in a document called targets.txt.
The scanning can be performed by using given command
#nmap –iL /Location_Target.txt
Latest posts by Vijay Kumar (see all)
- How to become Kali Linux Hacker - September 17, 2017
- 5 Inexpensive & Reliable WordPress Hosting Services For Your Blog - September 14, 2017
- Best SEO plugins for wordpress website to grow your business - September 13, 2017