MODULE 2: – LAB SETUP
- You must know Kali Linux requirements before install on System
- How to install Kali Linux on VirtualBox – Full guide step by step
- How to install virtualbox guest additions in Kali Linux 2.0
- 10 steps for Setting Up metasploitable 2 VM – guide
The Metasploit community Rapid7 has pre-programed a computer that has a number of vulnerability. Metasploitable2 VM is great Virtual Machine to start computer security training, but it’s not recommended as base System. Metasploitable2 provides many opportunity to the researcher to learn Penetration Testing with the Metasploit Framework. It is a virtual machine that comes pre-built, so it is easy to install.
Setting Up metasploitable 2 VM – guide
Go on the following link to download metasploitable2. http://sourceforge.net/projects/metasploitable/files/Metasploitable2/
Click the New button to create a Virtual Machine
- Fill the Name of virtual machine Metasploitable2 and set Type: Linux. Set the Version: Ubuntu, and click the Next button to proceed.
- Minimize the Wizard and Extract the downloaded virtual machine Metasploitable2.zip into C:/users/UserName/VirtualBox VMs/Metasploitable2. Now come back to the VirtualBox Wizard.
- Set the memory size 512 MB, it is enough for Metasploitable2. Click the Next button to continue.
- Select radio button on “Use and existing virtual hard drive file”, Click on the folder icon at right side and select C:/users/UserName/VirtualBox VMs/Metasploitable2/Metasploitable.vmdk file. Click on the Create button to continue. The Virtual machine of Victim has been created but don’t launch machine at this point, Some setting are needed.
- Select the Virtual machine, and then click on the Setting button. Click on General from the left menu. Then select advanced Tab.
Set the Shared Clipboard setting to: Bidirectional, and Drag’n’Drop setting to: Bidirectional
Select the Network button on the left menu and change Attached to: Host-only Adapter. Click Ok button to save the changes.
Select the Metasploitable2 machine and Click to Start button
Log into Metasploitable2 the default user name and Password:
After log into the machine Check the ip address that was assigned to Metasploitable2 machine.
Latest posts by Vijay Kumar (see all)
- Yum add, list, update, disable and remove repo – Manage repositories - November 13, 2018
- How to configure a remote repository - November 13, 2018
- Manage package group by using Yum command - November 13, 2018