Install and update software packages by using yum install command in Linux
If you want to install software packages with its dependency, use yum install command in Linux. Software packages can be installed and update with this Linux command. Following topics will cover in this video.
- Install and remove packages with its dependencies.
- How to remove unused packages.
- See packages yum list installed and available.
- Update base system and clean cache & database.
Linux tutorial for Beginners – Deploy, Configure and maintain System
- Install and update software packages by using rpm command
- Install and update software packages by using yum command
- Manage package group by using Yum command
- How to configure a remote repository
- How to configure a local repository in CentOS 7
- How to Manage repositories
- Network Configuration by using Network Manager Text User Interface (nmtui)
- Network Configuration by using Network Manager Command Line Interface
- Start, stop and check the status of network services
- check the status of firewall and activate IP forwarding
- Zone management by using firewall-cmd
Latest posts by Vijay Kumar (see all)
- Yum add, list, update, disable and remove repo – Manage repositories - November 13, 2018
- How to configure a remote repository - November 13, 2018
- Manage package group by using Yum command - November 13, 2018